THE HEAVENLY ANGELINA FAQ
The HEAVENLY ANGELINA FAQ
Throughout 1998, the name Angelina Jolie became more and more familiar to millions of people around the world as a result of her breakthrough role in the HBO film, "Gia." Since that film premiered a year ago, her profile has risen, her face adorns the covers of magazines and her talent is finally being given the attention it so deserves. This website, about to turn 2 years old, is dedicated to Ms. Jolie, and with this FAQ, I hope to answer any questions you may have about "Heavenly Angelina," the fans, and just about everthing I can think of! So enjoy:
- Who is Angelina Jolie? Angelina Jolie Voight is a second generation actor. She has starred in the films "Playing God," "Foxfire," "Gia," and "Playing By Heart," "Girl, Interrupted" and the soon to be seen "Gone in Sixty Seconds." I am not Angelina Jolie. I don't know Angelina Jolie. So please don't address the guestbook messages to her, she doesn't know this site exists!!!
- Did Angelina train to be an actor? Yes, Angelina trained at the Lee Strasberg Institute.
- Where did Angelina go to high school? Beverly Hills High.
- Was Angelina's mom an actress? Yes, for a short period Ms. Marcheline Bertrand was an actress, appearing in "The Men Who Loved Women" and a handful of other films. She gave up her career to raise her children.
- Is "Cyborg2" Angelina's first movie? No, her first official screen appearance was alongsides her father in "Lookin' to Get Out" Angelina was 7 years old, and was a cutie patootie (corny, yet true).
- Does Angelina make any talk show appearances? Yes, she has been on Conan, Leno and Letterman (unfortunately), as well as Rosie and other syndicated shows like "Philadelphia Tonight"
- What's the best magazine to find Angelina info? The folks at Movieline *love* her, I'd advice you to get a subscription ASAP.
- Why don't you post information about Angelina's marriage to Jonny? Simple, my page is focused on Angelina's career, not her personal life. So any speculations about trivial stuff like her marital stuff and her sexuality are not what this page is about. Angelina's personal life should remain private, and I think we should all learn to deal with that. What difference does it make really?
- What is Angelina's birthday? OK, I'm asked this question every single day...I have no idea. It appears like Ms. Jolie desires to keep it private, so give her a break. Also, what difference would it make!!! (As an aside though, I must tell you that she is a gemini) ***no secret anymore, June 4th, 1974.
- Did Angelina really date Jenny Shimizu? OK, go to the interviews section of this page and read the articles. It is pretty clear that yes, she did.
- Is it true that Angelina is dating her "Gia" co-star, Elizabeth Mitchell? Elizabeth Mitchell is married.
- Then why did Angelina thank her in that way at the 1999 Golden Globes? People, have you ever heard of tongue in cheek humour? Gee!
- How many awards has Angelina received? Angelina has been nominated for endless awards, including: Golden Globes (2), Emmys (2), Cable Ace (1), SAG and an OSCAR!!!
(1). She's won three Golden Globes in three years, and also received the Outfest Festival's prize as Best Actress for "Gia."
- Does Angelina have any siblings? Yes, one older brother, James Haven Voight, a USC grad (like my big bro!).
- What are Angelina's upcoming projects? She has roles in "Pushing Tin," "The Bone Collector," "Girl, Interrupted" All to be realeased this year, 1999.